The art and science of how Miami grows, cooks, enjoys (and burns off) food.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
9am – 6pm
We all need food to survive, but how does making healthy and green choices affect our bodies as well as the environment? At the 2nd Annual Miami Eats event, we invite the community to share in the art and science of Miami’s food and fitness scene. Visitors will have the opportunity to
- Learn a new healthy recipe with cooking demos and workshops.
- Admire (and taste!) how food and cooking can be elevated to an art with special guest chefs.
- Go green and learn how sustainable food is grown locally, and how they can do it themselves with lessons in hydroponics and urban gardening.
- Explore the physical and chemical processes related to cooking, eating, and burning off food.
- Test their senses while exploring new and delicious foods.
- Get moving with fun breakout exercise sessions throughout the day.
- Participate in the Museum’s Fix-It Fitness & Nutrition science theater show.
- Give back to the community through our annual food drive!
More information and a tentative schedule to come soon, so check back regularly!