All Day December 1st and 2nd, 2012
Dive deeper. Immerse yourself in everything underwater!
Miami Science Museum hosts the 2nd annual Miami Underwater Festival, in partnership with the Festival Mondial de l’Image Sous-Marine (World Festival of Underwater Images), from France. A selection of prize-winning films from the 39th year of this festival will be screened. The films are in French or English.
Other exciting activities will include:
- A special airing of a “Fish Meat: Choose Your Farm Wisely” and Q&A with Ted Caplow of Fish Navy Films
- New frontiers with aquaculture with Julian Sprung of Two Littles Fishies
- Chef Alan McLennan with a lionfish tasting at “STREET” Food Truck
- Shark expert Dr. Mike Heithaus of FIU
- Special airings of WPBT2’s Changing Seas series with special guests
- What to see when diving in South Florida with Jason Bacon and Nick Morrell of Reef Guard
- Tales of the Sea – Story time with Vinora of Miami-Dade Public Library
- Lionfish expert Lisa Krimsky of Sea Grant
- The Urban Corals of Miami with Colin Foord of Coral Morphologic
- Coral aquariums, RSMAS Underwater Photography Contest Winners Gallery, selections from the museum’s collection
- ROV Demonstrations
- Marine-themed kid-friendly activities
- Much More!
On Saturday morning as part of French Week and in collaboration with the General Consulate of France in Miami and partners, we will have a French Breakfast that will showcase family focused French language films. RSVP is requested.
Dive Into A French Morning
Sponsored by General Consulate of France in Miami in partnership with FACC and FIPA with help from PAUL: French Family Bakery and Patisserie
Saturday, December 1st – 10:00am - Click here to RSVP!
*$8 for adults, $6 for children, or complimentary with regular museum admission.
In addition, we will have a COSEE Florida sponsored event on Saturday evening that is open to the public that will showcase films from the Beneath the Waves Film Festival founded by local graduate students from the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. RSVP is required, 21 and up only please.
Dive Beneath the Waves: An Evening of Ocean Conservation Films
Sponsored by COSEE Florida to showcase Beneath the Waves Films
Saturday, December 1st – 6:30pm
*RSVP required for admittance. 21 and up only please.
Miami Underwater Festival is FREE with paid Miami Science Museum Admission.