From Nano to Macro, Innovation at Every Scale.
April 5-6, 2014
In a new two-day mini festival, the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science showcases innovation at every scale. From the super big to the super small and everything in between the technological needs of society are rapidly growing with a higher demand than ever for the NEXT big thing. Innovation is happening all around us in transportation, computers and electronics, bio and sustainable engineering, and beyond. During the mini festival,
- Explore the journey of new ideas from concept to reality through innovation showcases and be inspired to create from inventors of a variety of ages and interests.
- Participate in Maker mini-workshops and demos.
- Climb in and explore big trucks from Ryder and electric cars from Tesla.
- Learn how current technological developments are leading to improvements for individuals and the environment, from better repairs for the human body to more sustainable transportation.
- Use your senses to discover how the very small can impact the very big with our nano interactives.
- Join in for Nano Talks to quickly get up to speed with all the latest and greatest innovations.
- Join in on recycling obsolete electronics and e-scrapping or repurposing them into new artwork and gadgets.
More information and a tentative schedule to come, so check back regularly!