November 2nd, 2013 10am – 4pm
The Miami Science Museum combines two of its most well known events, Snake Day and Lizard Day, to bring you Reptile Day! New this year is our Turtle and Tortoise category. Proud owners show off their pet reptiles and compete for prizes in a competition with categories such as: Best of Show, Most Unusual, People’s Pick and Junior Herpetologist. In addition to the pet reptile competition, guests will also enjoy a sampling of Insect Cuisine freshly prepared by a professional chef.
Free admission for TWO with each family reptile registered.
Reptile Day will include entertaining and interactive including:
• Meet the Venom One team of Animal Planets Swamp Wars
• Eyes and Ears (invasive reptile detection and reporting training) presentation by Everglades Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (ECISMA)
• Live invasive reptile display by ECISMA
• Reptile artifacts from MSM Collection Vault
• Learn about the Nature Conservancy’s Python Patrol and efforts to control pythons.
• Turtle race
• Eat Like a Reptile cooking demonstration by Kat Duran
Arts & Crafts activities will include a sea turtle craft, spiral snake craft, and chameleon camouflage challenge (learn how camouflage is used as a survival technique as you color the chameleon to make it disappear into the background.)
Fun-filled floor demos at Reptile Day will be:
Reptile Day is sponsored in part by:
The Batchelor Foundation, Inc.
To download the 2013 Reptile Day flyer, click here.
To download the 2013 Reptile Day schedule, click here. (subject to change at any time)
For more information on sponsorship opportunities contact:
Edson Pires at firstname.lastname@example.org