The environment here in Alaska is stunning, but students in this Glaciology Summer School course are not only here to enjoy the environment, they are here to better their understanding of it. Everyone is working on group projects as assigned and guided by one of the course instructors, and it will be the students’ turn to give presentations on the last day of the course. This is what evenings in McCarthy, Alaska look like these days for us. Lines of computers and tangles of cables in the Wrangell Mountains Center, aka “the old hardware store.” Can’t wait to see the results!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!My Tweets
- Scientists Learn to Drone in the Himalayas | GlacierHub on Project! Glacier By Drone
- Marie on Post from a Scientist: “Atmosphere-Sea Ice Interactions”
- Anthony Shaw on Post from a Scientist: “Atmosphere-Sea Ice Interactions”
- Shaun on Post from a Scientist: The Climate Crystal Ball
- David on Post from a Scientist: Water Slides!