Each student was asked to bring a poster to the Summer School, like the kind they would use to present their work at professional conferences. We set up a conference-style “poster session” for all students and instructors to be able to see and discuss each other’s research. But it was a little different than at an ordinary conference. This time, some posters were tacked to the exterior walls of the old hardware store or hung from laundry lines with clothespins, while others adorned the side of the outdoor shower. But the quality of the science and the passion of the presenters is what really grabbed everyone’s focus. It was just a conference that happened to be out in the fresh mountain air.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!My Tweets
- Marie on Post from a Scientist: “Atmosphere-Sea Ice Interactions”
- Anthony Shaw on Post from a Scientist: “Atmosphere-Sea Ice Interactions”
- Shaun on Post from a Scientist: The Climate Crystal Ball
- David on Post from a Scientist: Water Slides!
- Samiah on Post from a Scientist: Greenland Ice, South Florida Water