Explain . . . the concept and define the terms.
What the student does that is consistent with this model:
- Uses various informational resources, group discussions,
and teacher interaction to derive definitions and explanations
of the chosen concept.
- Explains possible solutions or answers to others' explanations.
- Listens critically to others' explanations.
- Questions others' explanations.
- Listens to and tries to comprehend explanations the teacher
- Refers to previous activities.
- Uses recorded observations in explanations.
What the teacher does that is consistent with this model:
- Encourages the students to explain concepts and definitions.
- Asks for justification (evidence) and clarification from
- Formally provides definitions, explanations, and new labels.
- Uses students' previous experiences as the basis for explaining
Go to Explaining pH
CLICK on one of the Seven E's below
to learn more about the rationale behind it.