Extend . . . the concept into other content areas.
What the student does that is consistent with this model:
- Makes connections and sees relationships of the concept/topic
in other content areas.
- Forms expanded understanding of original concepts/topics.
- Makes connections of concept/topic to real world situations.
What the teacher does that is consistent with this model:
Go to the Jelly Beans
- Looks for concepts connecting with other concepts/topics
and/or with other content areas.
- Asks probing questions to help students see relationships
between concept/topic and other content areas.
CLICK on one of the Seven E's below
to learn more about the rationale behind it.