Website Services Manager (Posted July 2nd, 2013)
BACKGROUND: The Miami Science Museum is currently in the process of building a new state of the art museum in downtown Miami, undergoing a substantial expansion of all of its programs and exhibits as part of this transition, including rebranding of the museum, and development and launch of a comprehensive new web site. The new web site is envisioned as a dynamic portal connecting visitors with a wide range of information, products, opportunities and services -- before, during and after their visit. The Museum will be contracting with one or more outside vendors to develop the web site, apps, and other components of the site, beginning in the next few months and continuing through opening of the new facility scheduled for late 2015.
SUMMARY: The Museum is seeking a Website Services Manager to manage and develop the current web site until it is phased out; to manage the process of developing and transitioning to the new web site; and ultimately to oversee management of the new website and mobile Apps at the new museum. The position will report to the Vice President/Information Technology, working in collaboration with other Museum staff, the new Museum design team, and outside technology consultants and vendors appointed by the Museum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the development and implementation of the new web site. Coordinates inputs from outside vendors selected to develop the new web site and apps for the new museum, as well as inputs from branding consultants, graphic designers, and members of the new museum design team.
• Designs, builds and manages new web-based initiatives for the current web site, including web pages, blogs, and other web-based digital applications that serve to prototype elements planned for the new museum web site.
• Evaluates web analytics and recommends changes to enhance web presence and visitor experience.
• Develops and manages web dashboard incorporating live data displays from building data streams.
• Works collaboratively in a creative environment to develop a wide range of web-based resources, including new website themes, templates, user tracking interfaces, and interactive applications integrated into exhibits.
• Develops, implements, and maintains web-based application systems.
• Develops and manages web development and support procedures, tools, and documentation. This includes writing scope documents, managing source code, and developing technical support standards and procedures.
• Stays current with technological developments and management practices, which involves reading publications, subscribing to Internet lists, attending conferences and workshops, and meeting with colleagues.
• Performs other job-related duties as requested.
• Meets assigned deadlines for web development projects.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field, with fouryears of relevant experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated skills in managing complex projects
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele, staff members and/or media sources.
• LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• Experience in programming and making changes to custom CMS systems using PHP/MySQL (relational databases)
• Ability to develop complex templates from graphical design concepts for CMS systems such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento.
• Social media website integrations (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
• Knowledge and ability to creatively use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to facilitate the entire website development process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
• Mobile theme and template development that work across a variety of mobile devices and tablets (iOS, Android)
• Mobile App Development (iOS, Android)
• WHM/Cpanel webserver management
• XML data feed creation and parsing
• Website and webserver PCI compliance
• Linux server administration (CentOS)
• PHP framework and template systems, Smarty, CAKE, Zend
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work is normally performed in an interior office environment, using light physical effort, with little or no exposure to physical risk.
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to Daniel Delgado at email@example.com. Any additional materials such as portfolios, reference letters, etc. can also be emailed in conjuction with resumes.
Employee Benefits: Click Here
Online Application: Click Here
Download Application: Click Here
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact FAX: 305-646-4300
Contact Phone: 305-646-4277
The Museum of Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug-free workplace.
Affirmative Action Plan can be reviewed upon request.