Custodian (Posted September 20th, 2013)
SUMMARY: Custodial staff is responsible for the everyday cleanliness of the museum including but not limited to galleries, office space, outside and parking lot. He/she is responsible for maintaining the overall appearance making sure bathrooms are always clean, floor is debris free, etc. Custodians work closely with Human Resources Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clean all components s of museum including but not limited to:
• Event set up:
o Assemble tables
o Work from given layouts
• Opening and Closing of Museum
• Use of vacuum for carpeted areas
• Disposal of Museum garbage
• Other job-related duties as may be assigned
MINIMUM JOB/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or certified equivalent.
• 1-2 years experience.
• Bilingual/English Spanish preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to lift heavy objects
• Flexible schedule
• Knowledgeable on cleaning products and their use
• Skill in attending to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work is normally performed in an interior office environment, using medium physical effort, with some exposure to physical risk. Physical skills necessary to the performance of this job including walking; standing; bending; reaching; lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds of weight and climbing a ladder.
Employee Benefits: Click Here
Online Application: Click Here
Download Application: Click Here
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact FAX: 305-646-4300
Contact Phone: 305-646-4277
The Museum of Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug-free workplace.
Affirmative Action Plan can be reviewed upon request.